31 October, 2009

Has anyone seen a red-eyed tree frog?

Halloween 2009 was great!!  Heath was a red-eyed tree frog, as featured on our favorite episode of Go, Diego,Go!!  He was pretty unsure of the "head w/ eyes hat" but after getting out around all of the other trick-or-treaters, he was all about wearing his full costume.  Jim was a Doctor and he started the night with us, but quickly ditched us once he ran into his friends.  My favorite thing about living in a small town is celebrating Halloween up town at the 2 great big fire pits.  Our city provides hot dogs, buns, chips, cookies and hot chocolate for everyone.  They give you a roasting stick and you cook your dog over the fire!  They bring out the firetrucks and let the children go through them and the firemen hand out glow sticks to all the kids!  It is my most favorite part of the night.  Unfortunately Duey was not with us this year because he had to work.  My parents were great though, and went around the whole town park and side streets with Heath and I!!  I was so glad to have them there.  It is always great when you are able to share in your childrens joy.  Even though I tried, I know I wasn't able to convey exactly how much fun Heath was having once it clicked and he understood...Knock-Talk-Get Candy-Do-It-Again!!!  It was one of his first, real, "ah, ha" moments!! I hope you all had as great of a time watching your little ones, as I did.  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment